I missed the October breastfeeding carnival!! I think the deadline was just 1 week from the time the topic was announced. It was quite a busy week at work so I totally missed it. But given that the topic is very interesting AND there are a lot of realizations I continuously learn about breastfeeding, I still thought of making my own list (and hope to add to it as I go breastfeeding-wiser).
- You can never over-prepare for breastfeeding
- Just because a person is a pediatrician does not mean that they know everything about breastfeeding
- There is such a creature as a breastfeeding-friendly pediatrician.
- There are formula-friendly lactation consultants.
- It DOES hurt at the start but it gets easier as time goes on.
- Formula milk is not equal to and WILL NEVER be equal to breastmilk
- Having a can of formula (or bottles of liquid formula) on the dresser gives you more temptation to mix or formula feed.
- A breastpump is not an essential breastfeeding gear.
- Other moms’ breastfeeding experiences will vary from yours and it may not be helpful sometimes to compare.
- There IS breastfeeding support in the Philippines — you just need to look for it.