I recently came across this organization – Infant Pediatric and Nutrition Association of the Philippines which is a “trade association” composed of Abbot, Fonterra, Mead Johnson, Nestle and Wyeth. Their website has a lot of broken links but I found the website of their developer, which lists down their purposes, goals, etc. Here are some screenshots and I let you be the judge.
Guiding Principles and Objectives
To promote responsible business practices and ethics among IPNAP member-companies;
- To provide infants and young children food products that are scientifically formulated, safe, nutritious, and of the highest quality;
- To disseminate up-to-date, factual and trustworthy information on infant and young child nutrition;
- To develop better public understanding of matters relating to the Industry;
- To be a key contributor in the development of appropriate regulations governing the Industry, and to ensure compliance therewith;
- To engage key stakeholders in achieving the IPNAP vision and mission; and
- To be an effective voice for the industry.
First photo and set of officers is as of 2009-2010 – could this be in response to the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations and the Supreme Court’s ruling that the same is valid (except for a couple of provisions)?
Definitely an organization to keep an eye on – particularly on how they could insidiously engage “key stakeholders” towards achieving their vision and mission – like that of Mead Johnson’s partnership with the DSWD.